Job Vacancy – Head of Communications
IFIT is currently seeking a Head of Communications.
Role: Working under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and the Head of Office (Barcelona), the role is focused on leading the organisation’s external communications and visibility initiatives and thus ensuring an effective external positioning of IFIT and its experts, ideas and impact. A first action will be to update the current communications strategy.
Headquartered in Barcelona, the Institute for Integrated Transitions (IFIT) is an international
non-governmental organisation dedicated to helping fragile and conflict-affected states
achieve more sustainable negotiations and transitions out of war, crisis or authoritarianism.
IFIT’s core work is to serve as an expert resource on integrated policy solutions for locally
led efforts to break cycles of conflict or repression.
IFIT is currently seeking to fill the position of Head of Communications.
Role: Working under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and the Head of Office
(Barcelona), the role is focused on leading the organisation’s external communications and
visibility initiatives and thus ensuring an effective external positioning of IFIT and its experts,
ideas and impact. A first action will be to update the current communications strategy.
Work schedule: Full-time
Starting date: Immediately
Probation period: 3 months
- Manage the design and implementation of IFIT’s external engagement, media outreach activities and initiatives, and information dissemination.
- Oversee the management of the IFIT website, social media accounts, and other information-sharing platforms, including supervising all content and coordinating with external contractors, as necessary.
- Manage the development of written, graphic, and multimedia communication products that capture IFIT’s original ideas (e.g. website posts, short videos, MailChimp updates, press releases, infographics, audio-visual content, social media content, and other informational materials).
- Deliver tailored communication initiatives for IFIT’s country work, thematic practice groups, and global and regional initiatives with the support and collaboration of IFIT project teams.
- Design and deliver a calendar of online webinars and other regular events.
- Manage the organisation’s publication design process, collaborating with staff, external experts, and graphic design consultants to ensure effective review, layout, brand consistency, and publication of IFIT research.
- Manage the Communications Officer and any communications interns; and manage relationships with communications vendors and consultants.
- Support with other tasks according to the communications needs of the organisation, including alignment of external communications and fundraising efforts.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, international relations, social science or a similar field).
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in communications and/or marketing, including communications strategy development, media relations and partnership development, stakeholder engagement, multi-media production, website content management, and social media management.
- Experienced user of WordPress website content management system.
- Experienced user (in a professional capacity) of Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Strong knowledge and skills in image-, audio-, and video editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition); design platforms (e.g. Canva); and marketing automation platforms (e.g. MailChimp).
- Outstanding native-level written English. Spanish desirable.
- Highly proactive, detail-oriented, organised, and reliable.
IFIT is committed to building a racially diverse and culturally inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from candidates from underrepresented groups.
Prerequisites: Valid work permit/status for purposes of employment in Europe/Spain.
How to apply:
Please email your CV or LinkedIn page and a 250-word expression of interest to Ms. Cristina Torelló ([email protected]), stating “IFIT Head of Communications” in the email
subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.