IFIT Internship Programme
IFIT offers 6-month full-time internships at its headquarters in Barcelona and (renewable) 3-month full-time internships in its office in Bogotá.
Headquartered in Barcelona, the Institute for Integrated Transitions (IFIT) is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to helping fragile and conflict- affected states achieve more sustainable negotiations and transitions out of war or authoritarianism. IFIT’s core work is to serve as an expert resource on integrated policy solutions for locally-led efforts to break cycles of conflict or repression.
What type of work do interns do?
Interns support a wide range of IFIT’s activities and projects. Research assignments related to IFIT’s projects and fields of activity form a significant part of the workload. Other responsibilities include assisting with the organisation of events, fundraising and communications.
Who can apply?
Competitive candidates should meet the following general criteria:
- At least a university degree in international relations, social science or a similar field (current students in the final year of their degree may also apply).
- A demonstrated interest as well as prior research or professional experience in one of the areas of IFIT’s work.
- Outstanding written English (for Barcelona-based internship) / Outstanding written Spanish (for Bogotá-based internship).
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Arabic, Russian, French) is an asset.
- Strong editing skills.
- Detail-oriented, organised and reliable.
IFIT is committed to building a racially and culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
IFIT internships are unpaid but offer 1) a monthly stipend to alleviate local transportation and housing expenses, and 2) reimbursement of air travel to or from the city of the internship (up to a maximum of 500€).
When and how to apply?
Barcelona: Internships run from 1) September – February, and 2) Feberuary – August. The application period generally opens in June and November, respectively. The vacancies are published on IFIT’s website and on ReliefWeb.
Bogotá: Internships normally run from 1) January – March, 2) April – June, 3) July – August, and 4) September – December. Internships are renewable under certain conditions. Vacancies are published on IFIT’s webpage and on the IFIT Latam Twitter account.