Thank you for your interest in working at IFIT. Current vacancies can be found below, along with general information about IFIT’s internship programme in Barcelona and Bogotá.
IFIT Internship Programme
IFIT offers 6-month full-time internships at its headquarters in Barcelona and (renewable) 3-month full-time internships in its office in Bogotá.
What type of work do interns do?
Interns support a wide range of IFIT’s activities and projects. Research assignments related to IFIT’s projects and fields of activity form a significant part of the workload. Other responsibilities include assisting with the organisation of events, fundraising and communications.
Who can apply?
Competitive candidates should meet the following general criteria:
- At least a university degree in international relations, social science or a similar field (current students in the final year of their degree may also apply).
- A demonstrated interest as well as prior research or professional experience in one of the areas of IFIT’s work.
- Outstanding written English (for Barcelona-based internship) / Outstanding written Spanish (for Bogotá-based internship).
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Arabic, Russian, French) is an asset.
- Strong editing skills.
- Detail-oriented, organised and reliable.
IFIT is committed to building a racially and culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
IFIT internships are unpaid but offer 1) a monthly stipend to alleviate local transportation and housing expenses, and 2) reimbursement of air travel to or from the city of the internship (up to a maximum of 500€).
When and how to apply?
Barcelona: Internships run from 1) September – February, and 2) March – August. The application period generally opens in June and November, respectively. The vacancies are published on IFIT’s website and on ReliefWeb.
Bogotá: Internships normally run from 1) January – March, 2) April – June, 3) July – August, and 4) September – December. Internships are renewable under certain conditions. Vacancies are published on IFIT’s webpage and on the IFIT Latam Twitter account.