Internship Vacancy – IFIT Global
IFIT is currently seeking one full-time global intern for our Barcelona internship programme beginning in September of 2022. The selected intern’s responsibilities will include: research related to IFIT’s thematic and geographic areas of work; support to a variety of IFIT’s projects; assistance with events and fundraising; and other tasks based on the needs of the organisation.
Headquartered in Barcelona, the Institute for Integrated Transitions (IFIT) is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to helping fragile and conflict- affected states achieve more sustainable negotiations and transitions out of war or authoritarianism. IFIT’s core work is to serve as an expert resource on integrated policy solutions for locally-led efforts to break cycles of conflict or repression.
Although the internship is unpaid, IFIT offers: 1) reimbursement of travel to or from Barcelona for the purposes of the internship (up to a maximum of 500€), and 2) partial offset of specific living costs incurred by undertaking the internship in Barcelona (up to a maximum of 500€ per month).
• 6 months (1 September 2022 to 28 February 2023)
• University degree(s) in international relations, international law, development studies, peace, and security, or a similar subject
• Demonstrated interest and experience in one of the areas of IFIT’s work
• Research skills
• Strong command of written English; other languages are an asset (particularly Russian, Arabic or Spanish)
• Good drafting and editing skills
• Detail-oriented, organised and reliable
IFIT is committed to building a racially diverse and culturally inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from candidates from underrepresented groups.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a one-paragraph expression of interest to Blanca Manresa ([email protected]), stating “IFIT Internship” in the subject line. The application period will end 15 June 2022; however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.