post / 03 May 2022
PAST EVENT: Towards More Principled International Support for Syria – A Side Event to the Brussels VI Conference
The Syria Resource Group, with the support of the Institute for Integrated Transitions (IFIT), and in partnership with the Center for Operational Analysis and Research (COAR) organized the discussion, Towards More Principled International Support for Syria: Advancing the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus, a side-event to the Brussels VI Conference. The event took place virtually on Tuesday, May 3rd 2022.
The discussion focused on practical examples that can operationalise the Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus, building upon the conclusions of the convening Towards More Principled International Support, A Dialogue between Syrians and the International Community that took place on March 31st.
- Bassel Kaghadou – Member of the Syria Resource Group (SRG); Expert in Public Communication, Aid Effectiveness and Peace Building; former Chief Technical Advisor and Head of the Strategic Policies & Programmes Unit at the National Agenda for the Future of Syria (NAFS), UN-ESCWA
- Fadi Dayoub – Member of the Syria Resource Group (SRG); Executive Director of Local Development & Small-Projects Support (LDSPS)
- Maxwell Gardiner – Political Analyst and Project Manager at the Centre for Operational Analysis and Research (COAR)
- Ryan Knox – Head of UN-Habitat Syria
- Sawsan Abou Zainedin – Member of the Syria Resource Group (SRG); Architect and Urban Development Planner; Researcher at the Syrian Center for Policy Research (SCPR)
- Simon Bayley – Lead Analyst at the Center for Operational Analysis and Research (COAR)
For more information and general queries contact [email protected]